Historical Parade Information
The Taos Fiesta Council, Inc. invites you to participate in our annual Taos Fiesta Historical Parade. This year’s parade will be held on Sunday, July 22, 2018 beginning promptly at 11:00 AM from the Taos County Courthouse. Registration will take place at the Taos County Courthouse and the line up will take place on Albright Street entering only, off of Gusdorf. The parade route will head north on SR68 (Paseo del Pueblo Norte) and terminate at the US Post Office across from the Kachina Lodge.
Our annual Fiesta celebrations, which date back to the early 1600’s, are in commemoration of Santiago and Santa Ana, who in the Catholic tradition are the patron saints of Taos. The theme for 2018 is: Culturas Unidas en Nuestra Comunidad: LA FIESTA DE TAOS; United Cultures in Our Community: LA FIESTA DE TAOS. Taos’ greatest charm lies in its people that, through various cultures, have helped in creating a melting pot of humanity here in the Southwest.
We appreciate the participation and support of fellow Taoseños and neighbors from surrounding communities. We sincerely thank you for your consideration and look forward to your participation and patronage of the Fiestas de Taos; ¡Que Vivan Las Fiestas!
Cariñosamente, Taos Fiesta Council, Inc.
Schedule, Sunday July 22
Line-up: 7:00 AM (Taos County Courthouse)
Judging: During Parade; Judges located in front of the Station 316 Cafe.
Parade begins: 11:00 AM promptly.
Prizes (per category)
First Place Ribbon
Second Place Ribbon
Renee Medina Lavadie
Chair, Historical Parade
Online registration has closed. To register for the Historical Parade, you must do so in-person at Taos County Courthouse on Albright Street on Sunday, July 22, 2018. In-person registration will be available from 7:00 to 10:45 AM.
Each person driving a vehicle in the parade must present at registration:
- a valid driver's license
- valid vehicle registration
- proof of insurance
Failure to present all three will forfeit your ability to participate.
Registration - $50 for each political candidate and political entry, regardless if sharing a float (the Taos Fiesta Council will contact you for payment arrangements). No Entry Fee for other entries.
The following rules/criteria are required:
- Fiesta, Western or Traditional Southwestern attire must be worn.
- This years theme must be represented in/on the entry.
- Entry must be original and creative.
- Entry sponsor/organization must be clearly identified.
- No objects or candy may the thrown. All items must be handed out.
- Cheer/Drill/Marching may be allowed with PRIOR approval. Please contact Renee Medina Lavadie 575.741.1177. Without prior approval participants must ride a float.
- Judging will take place during the Parade route. Judges located in front of the old Station 316 Cafe.
- All entries must report to and register with Parade Officials at the Taos County Courthouse.